Fishing net

Netting the thoughts of a wavering mind...

Sunday, April 16, 2006

What IIMs want?

This week started on a tense note for me and has ended up being one of the greatest of my life. I got admission offer from IIML, which honestly I didn't expect.I had got three calls from L,I and K but IIML was worst of my interviews.It was a 'Stress Interview' and as I am a chemical Engineer I was questioned on only two things---'Chemistry' and 'Chem Eng'.
I don't know why people(including IIM profs) think that Chemical Engineering and Chemistry are one and the same. I was questioned on stuff which I learnt in 10th and 11th standard Chemistry.

My other IIM interviews went exceedingly well and I was mentally prepared to get a reject from IIML.So much so that I didn't even check the IIML site on the day of my results.But IIM profs had other ideas. Got IIML seat,kicked out of IIMK(not even in Waiting List) and has been wait listed in IIMI.

I guess answer to 'what IIMs want?' is more difficult than finding out 'What Women want?'

3 Comments:

  • At April 25, 2006 9:03 pm, Blogger Ankur said…

    Hmm... Exact same IIM results for me too. Though mine were sort of more aligned with expectations.

     
  • At April 29, 2006 7:41 pm, Blogger Abhilash said…

    The women want you, thommo :)

    Remember the writings on the wall, room JH 301 (cant remember the number :)) ) ??

     
  • At April 09, 2008 7:50 am, Blogger The inner me said…

    A comment on ur old post...
    I guess this applies for all the top 10-14 B schools in India...If you have the percentiles..you are in..they dont give a damn about work ex or good PI..(Some exceptions of course)

    --Raghu(SSV)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home