Fishing net

Netting the thoughts of a wavering mind...

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Waiting for the day

Days are moving very slowly. I'm eagerly awaiting the day when I would be packing off to Lucknow.Life at my office is really very boring these days with Iteration 1 complete and Iteration 2 starting in the last week of may which of course I wouldn't be a part of.People are giving me less and less work and that's beginning to trouble me more as I'm left with nothing much to do. Whenever I say anything about the work being done in the project, pat comes the reply -" You're leaving! Why do u bother?"
Most of my time is spent going through various blogs written by IIMLites, past and present. The more I read, earlier I want to reach the place.
Yesterday we had a party thrown up by the TIME institute for final offer getters and to my surprise their were very few IIMLites.Most of them were from A B and C and it was a very humbling experience indeed.
It was nice to know that most of my GD/PI batch mates who got calls from A, converted it. And I even met a couple of guys leaving A for B and C. Whatever they may say, I feel IIMA is in a league of its own.
And I got to know that IIMA has the maximum number of girls, 48 to be precise. God !!! Have mercy on lonely souls like us....... Divert some of them to Lucknow :)
PGP 2s conduct a freshers' party every year in different cities where they are present for their Summers and we would be having ours( Bangalore) on May 6 th.Hoping to meet my new batch mates there
I have heard people say that quality of peer group will be one thing which non- IITian junta will enjoy about IIMs.Hopefully IIML would live upto my expectations ...

3 Comments:

  • At May 08, 2006 3:47 pm, Blogger Divya Rao said…

    :)) i guess god has shown mercy!but lets see how many girls in iimL..not many on orkut though..n ya even i hope iimL meets our expectations:)

     
  • At May 08, 2006 6:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're right.. A's in a league of its own. And as for the quality of peer group, going by the grammar and the spellings in the Snapshots from L handbook, I don't think we ought to expect much either.
    I'll remain nameless for now, looking forward to meeting you at L.

     
  • At May 08, 2006 8:58 pm, Blogger Fervid Blogger said…

    Hey nameless,
    I haven't yet seen received my brochure.Anyway do not worry.The quality of peer group ought to be good. ppl did clear the VA section in CAT :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home